Isn't it wonderful that a cookie with one of the best names out there, is also one of the most simple and delicious? Who can resist these wonderfully crisp, cinnamony cookies with the whimsical name? Mix up a batch and your family will be sure to smile!
Snickerdoodles by Joie de vivre
Yields: About 6 dozen
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 c. unsalted butter, room temperature
2 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbls. sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Beat the butter and 1 1/2 c. sugar together until pale yellow and fluffy. Beat in the eggs until combined. On low speed, or by hand, beat in the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
3. In a small bowl, combine the 2 Tbls. sugar with the cinnamon.
4. To shape: scoop out a teaspoon full of dough using a teaspoon cookie scoop. Roll the dough into balls between your two hands. Then roll the balls into the sugar/cinnamon mixture. Place the balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes. When finished, remove cookies from cookie sheet and place on cookie racks to cool.