19 February 2010
Chicken Soft Tacos
These Chicken Soft Tacos are another entry to the annals of "My Crock Pot Once Again Saved My Life". "Overly dramatic?" you say? Perhaps I overly dramatize a titch, but I can't stress enough how much I love my crock pot. I love being able to put dinner in it in the morning, and have dinner ready and the kitchen entirely cleaned up in the evening. This recipe is easy even for a crock pot and tasty enough to serve to company. Enjoy!
Chicken Soft Tacos by Joie de vivre
1 1/4 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes with chilies
1 package taco seasoning mix
1. Mix the diced tomatoes with the taco seasoning mix inside the insert of a 4 qt. crock pot.
2. Lay the chicken breasts on top of tomato mixture and stir to cover chicken with the sauce.
3. Cover the crock pot and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
4. Shred the chicken breasts with two forks and mix with the sauce.
5. Serve on tortillas with guacamole, sour cream, tomatoes and shredded cheddar cheese.