23 August 2011

Summer

Oh my blog, how I have missed you!  I started this blog because I love food and I love to write.  Somewhere along the way, I lost my focus.  My blog started to feel like a burden.  I felt I had to compete with all of the other food blogs who took way better pictures and devoted so much time researching the backgrounds of foods and experimenting with kitchen techniques I could never compete with.  I started gaining weight and felt like a fraud writing about the French way of eating.  I felt I needed to update everyday with new recipes, yet my health and waistline were not happy with all of that food.  I needed to take a step back from my blog for a while.

During my blog hiatus, I joined Weight Watchers and rediscovered my joy of healthy eating.  I am 35 lbs down from where I was a year ago at this time and feel like I have rediscovered my joie de vivre.  For me, my food blog isn't about competing to make the most decadent dish and take the best pictures, it's about relating my joy of preparing healthy food for my family in its simplicity.  I realized I didn't have to compete with all of the amazing and wonderful blogs out there.  My blog is about my joie de vivre and a way to express myself creatively and at the end of this journey of self discovery, I think that is pretty wonderful.

For my friends and readers who have been gently (and sometimes not so) prodding me to update and post again, you will be seeing me here more often.  I can't always promise a fabulous recipe and I definitely can't promise fabulous mouthwatering pictures, but I can promise that I'll write about things, food, and experiences where I find joy.

7 comments:

Julie said...

If blogger had a "like" button, I'd click it for this post :) Congrats on the loss, WW is a good thing!

Josie said...

This is the same EXACT reason I had to take a step back and remember why I started blogging in the first place, I 'm glad you're back and doing so great!! : )

Kat said...

glad your are back and feeling healthy and happy :)

Brownieville Girl said...

Welcome back!

Looking forward to some delicious healthy food :-}}

Congratulations on the weight loss.

Tina said...

Welcome back. I totally, totally, understand where you are coming from. Sometimes I felt overwhelmed and the competitive streak reared up...my writing style changed as did the subject matter. You need to step back then and evaluate because...this is supposed to be fun!!

Glad to see you post and congrats on the WW loss. I did that also a few`years back and it sure does work!

Chris said...

Glad to see you are back! Congrats on the weight loss.

Hornsfan said...

Big congrats on the weight loss, that's a huge achievement! Glad to see you'll be back more often :)

ShareThis