19 October 2010

My week in food

Although I had a good week in food, my photos are pretty weak this week (hee hee).  I was able to go on a women's retreat last weekend in Coeur d'Alene, ID which was BEAUTIFUL and completely relaxing, but I somehow forgot to take pictures of my food which is how it should be when you're relaxed.

Breakfasts


Oatmeal with 1/2 smashed banana, 1 c. nonfat milk, coffee and cream


Oatmeal with 1 1/2 c. sliced strawberries (a few smashed in my oatmeal too), 1 c. nonfat milk, coffee and cream


This tasted like pumpkin pie for breakfast!  I'll post the recipe next.  1/4 c. dried buckwheat (cooked) with pumpkin, honey, pumpkin pie spice.  1 c. nonfat milk, coffee and cream.  


Same breakfast as above, but made with 1/4 c. dried teff (cooked) instead of the buckwheat


Lunches


1/2 can salmon, whole grain crackers, 1/2 c. plain yogurt, 1 1/2 c. sliced strawberries


2 fried eggs, 1 piece of whole wheat toast spread with Marmite, 1 1/2 c. sliced strawberries, 1/2 c. plain yogurt.


Turkey sandwich with mustard on whole wheat bread, zucchini sticks




1 fried egg, 1 piece of whole wheat toast spread with Marmite, 1/2 apple sliced thinly, zucchini sticks, 1/2 c. lowfat cottage cheese


1/2 c. plain yogurt, 1 tin of sardines packed in water, 8 whole grain crackers, 1/4 c. pomegranate seeds


Dinners


4 oz. plain baked potato, 1/2 c. sauteed mushrooms, steamed broccoli with 1 tsp. butter, 3 oz. London broil

2 comments:

Rita said...

Very healthy! Love all your ideas for meals; sometimes,my brains seems to go blank. I'm thinking of starting a weekly menu.

Josie @Skinny Way Of Life said...

looks tasty! I've never had buckwheat, is the texture like oatmeal?? you can't go wrong with pumpkin pie for breakfast : )

ShareThis