10 March 2010

Tuesday in Food


Hi all, just catching up.  Yesterday started out well in food, but by mid-afternoon, I developed a severe headache and kind of lost the will to care about dinner and overate like crazy.  The headache was also the reason I didn't get to posting last night.  But in the interest of being honest with myself, I must post.

Breakfast was a two egg-white omelette with two pieces of lite, whole wheat toast spread with butter and Marmite, a sliced banana, 1/8 c. Schwan's triple berry blend, 1/4 c. cottage cheese and coffee with milk.  Plus, lots and lots of water.  I was bursting with energy yesterday morning and went for a walk before breakfast, but that meant a later breakfast and I was famished by the time I ate.

For lunch, I made myself a peach/blueberry smoothie using 1 1/4 c. whey from making yogurt cheese, 1 1/2 c. frozen peaches, 1/2 c. frozen blueberries, and 1 c. cultured buttermilk.  I also rounded it out with two Ryvita pumpkin seed and oat crackers spread with my gazpacho yogurt cheese, some raw veggies with about 2 Tbls. hummus, about 10 walnut halves and a piece of turkey lunch meat.

I ended up getting full which I wonder perhaps if it was the start of my headache.  Not enough calories?  Not sure.  My son and I also had a play date at a local park where the wind was just screaming.  It could have also been the wind blowing through my ears.  Hmmm.  Anyway, I'm glad it's gone today.


When I felt the headache coming on and at first thought that perhaps I was hungry, I opted to have one of these Horizon Organic Vanilla milks.  Boy, are these things a little bit of heaven!  But alas, headache kept coming on stronger.

By 4:30 p.m., I called my hubby and said, "I have a headache and just feel like eating dinner and crawling into bed.  Do you mind if I order pizza and you can just heat it up when you get home?"  Like the winning man he is, he said he didn't mind.  I'd like to say that this was all of the pizza that I had, but it wasn't.  With the headache, I was beyond caring and went back two more times for refills!  I also rounded out the night with a piece of Pepperidge Farm Coconut Cake I had hiding in the freezer.

My lesson learned:  I can't always be perfect and today is a new day (even the wind has stopped blowing).  What's done is done and I can't beat myself up for it.   Have a great day everyone!


Some of my food of the day:

10 comments:

FOODalogue said...

Good approach to the new day. Plus you're probably still full from yesterday. :)

Julie said...

Here's to starting over! I've gotta check out those little milks.

Sunny said...

who can resist pizza? not me! at least you filled the rest of your day with healthy eats!

Angie's Recipes said...

Oh...man...headache...I know how you felt about that...I have been suffering the migraine for years and whenever I have a headache, my whole body just stops functioning well...my stomach upsets too, and then lousy mood...sighs...things happened in life.
mmmm...the pizza! I think I would take the left one!

Mary Bergfeld said...

As you said, today is a new day. The occasional splurge won't hurt you. Just mak sure when it happens you;re eating food you really enjoy.

Gera@SweetsFoodsBlog said...

What a succulent breakfast and lunch! I need something similar before my training.
Hope your headache has vanished :)

Cheers,

Gera

Reeni said...

I had pizza last night too - and went back for seconds even though I wasn't the least bit hungry. Pizza is just too yummy - and hard for me to resist. Glad your feeling better today!

Tina said...

Hi! I wanted to tell you that I check in on your blog several times a day through Google Reader when I am at work and I am LOVING your candid expressions about meals.

It's like weight watchers with French twist!

Chris said...

There are many reasons why I sometimes don't feel into making dinner. I've finally gotten to the point where I don't feel bad about it anymore when I can't.

Hope that headache has relented by now! Maybe winning a digital cooking scale would help? ;)

Sweet Cheeks said...

You know it is okay. Okay. One day, just a day and some days we take more and some we take less and the important thing is not to beat yourself up. After all it is pizza.\

So what is with your clementine dislike???

ShareThis