13 March 2010
Whole Wheat Irish Soda Bread
I'm sending this recipe over to The Daily Spud for the:
Whole Wheat Irish Soda Bread by Joie de vivre
1 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 Tbls. unsalted butter
1 c. buttermilk
1 c. currents
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a nine inch pie pan by spraying it with vegetable oil spray.
2. Place flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda and butter in your food processor. Pulse until mixture is thoroughly combined.
3. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the egg, buttermilk and currents.
4. Dump flour mixture into the egg mixture and mix until completely combined. It will be very wet.
5. Spread the dough in the pie pan so that it fills the pan.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown on top.
7. Let cool and cut into wedges to serve.