26 February 2010

Friday night fridge cleanout

With a sick kiddo in the house, dinner was comfort foods + fridge clean out. I mashed the leftover tofu from a couple nights ago, added some eggs as well as some cut up turkey dogs and scrambled it. I thought it was a success, but no one else did. I also made some Buckwheat flour pancakes using some Poconos pancake mix that I had found at the health food store. I was good with portion control and kept my portion to 2 CD sized pancakes with berries on top instead of syrup and butter. Added to it was 1/3 c. cottage cheese. Have a good evening!


7 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Buckwheat pancakes look pretty good. I like to put lots of berries with the pancakes and a few drizzles of honey.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I love leftovers and never throw them away. Great idea!

Cheers,

Rosa

Laura in Paris said...

I laughed when I read that you were the only one to think that your creating was a success! It has happened to me many times!

chow and chatter said...

looks good to me hope your little one gets well soon
Rebecca

Tangled Noodle said...

It's amazing what good food can come from a fridge and pantry clean-up. The fact that we avoid waste adds to the satisfaction!

zerrin said...

I hate wasting food, so I create some new combinations with the leftovers I have in the fridge. And generally, I myself eat it as the others suspect on my success at my new combinations.

pierre said...

there is always somethin to get out of the leftovers !! good work !!
cheers from a french foodie in Paris PIerre

ShareThis