I know you're thinking, "Oh no she didn't!" and the answer would be, "Oh yes I did."
My husband's favorite dinner is meatloaf. I hardly ever make this simple pleasure for him because I feel there are so many other worthy things to make. For Valentines day however, I indulged him by making his favorite. It was actually really yummy and my 5-year old loved it too. I may have to start making it more often! Served alongside is sauteed spinach with garlic (for which you can find a recipe here). Enjoy!
Love is Sweet and Sour Meatloaf by Joie de vivre
1 package Lipton onion soup mix
1 c. LaChoy rice noodles
1 c. seasoned bread crumbs
1/3 c. ketchup
2 1bs. ground beef
1/2 c. sweet and sour sauce
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together by squeezing with your hands, the onion soup mix, rice noodles, bread crumbs, ketchup, eggs, and ground beef.
3. Spread and pat this mixture into a 9" x 13" baking pan.
4. Pour 1/2 c. sweet and sour sauce on top and spread evenly.
5. Place meatloaf in the oven and cook for 1 hour.
6. If desired, use cookie cutters to cut meatloaf out in cute shapes. (You know you want to)