08 March 2010

Monday in food

Hi all!  I hope you had wonderful and productive Mondays.  I had the typical busy day of a mom, carpool, grocery shopping, returning ski rentals, shopping at health food store, more carpooling, Costco shopping, play date, making dinner, WHEW!  I think I'm going to take a hot bath tonight and go to bed early!

I started this busy day with 3/4 c. Crispix mixed with 1/4 c. All Bran, 1 c. milk split between my cereal and my coffee, and a sliced banana.  I was slightly panicked after finishing my cereal still being hungry, but I told myself to calm down, finish my coffee and banana and by the time I finished them I was satisfied.  My brain is just so used to over-serving myself cereal, that when it wasn't full when I finished, I panicked.  Cool heads prevailed though.

Lunch was at McDonald's.  Before you panic thinking I had ruined my week, I had a Southwest Chicken Salad with no tortilla chips and no sauce on the chicken.  I dressed it with balsamic vinegarette dressing instead of the Southwest Dressing as well.  I also had half of a fruit and walnut salad, minus the sugary walnuts and 1 c. 2% milk.  Well done in my opinion.  I was proud of my choice.

Dinner was 1/2 c. whole wheat pasta with homemade spaghetti sauce made with tomato sauce, shredded zucchini, onions, garlic and a can of anchovies, sauteed asparagus dressed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, 1/2 c. cottage cheese with 1 slice of pineapple ring, and a salad made of spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes, and red peppers dressed with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and Hawaiian sea salt.  I couldn't quite finish dinner eating everything but 1/3 of my salad and asparagus.

I hope you all had a wonderful day.  See you tomorrow!

13 comments:

tasteofbeirut said...

Glad you were able to control yourself at McDonalds(lol)
Have a great evening!

Jenn said...

The upside to some fast fo0od places is that they do have some options for those who don't want the heavy stuff. Good going on the salad.

DianasaurDishes said...

Wow I have lots of different Hawaiian salts and have yet to think of using them in salad dressings. Did you use alaea (the red one?) or a white sea salt mixed with seasonings? I can't live w/out my Hawaiian salts :)

Jeannie said...

Wow! you certainly have yourself in control. If I were to enter McDonald's that plate of salad is not going to be my lunch that's for sure. It'll be a double cheese burger instead with chips on the side and a huge cola!

Juliana said...

Wow, indeed very discipline at McDonald's, no tortilla chips and no sauce?

Preety said...

i love seeing your meals..always gives me ideas..as you know Indian cuisine is very different and that's why i am always look out for easy meal options and also healthy ones i think which i can find at your place

appropriated.muffin said...

wow! you even do mcdonalds healthy! i'm an overeater... sigh~

Mary Bergfeld said...

It's hard to remain on course in places like McDonalds. It's good to see you were able to stay with your program.

krissy @ the food addicts said...

sounds like you had some nice decent meals, despite the fast food eateries! as long as you choosing your options wisely, you should be ok :)

Chris said...

You eat way healthier than I. I'm undisciplined when it comes to food:)

Laura said...

HArd for me to go to MickeyDees w/o getting fries! Glad I have the whole year to break that habit.

Sweet Cheeks said...

that mc D's salad actually looks really good. I did see s.east washington and thought D.C. Got excited :(

Julie said...

McDonald's is just one of my many weaknesses...trying to avoid it!

ShareThis